A bit about me . . .

I am a Sophomore at the University of South Alabama. My major is Secondary Education/History. I plan to teach history in middle school once I receive my Bachelor's degree. I love children of all ages and look forward to graduating and beginning my teaching career.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Writing Skills Via Blogs

Picture of Student Bloggers
My students will create a class blog and will be required to submit a weekly post. They may choose the historical topic, as long as it is within the chapter we are covering at that particular time. By participating in a class blog, I believe it will enhance their creative writing skills. Also by reading their classmates' blogs, they will be able to become critical thinkers and readers, as well.

The students will not just come to class, sit at their desk, and listen to me lecture. They will be involved with their own learning process. This will give them a feeling of academic independence and self worth, and at the same time promote self-regulation learning skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment