A bit about me . . .

I am a Sophomore at the University of South Alabama. My major is Secondary Education/History. I plan to teach history in middle school once I receive my Bachelor's degree. I love children of all ages and look forward to graduating and beginning my teaching career.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

PLN - Personal Learning Network

At first I thought, how is a Personal Learning Network going to help me teach? But was I totally surprised! A PLN is a vital tool that I will have in my classroom. I have already connected with educators I don't even know through Twitter and blogs. I have a Twitter account and am following several educators on there from around the globe. I also maintain my class blog Blogspot.com at Blogger.com. I have learned so much from the research and entering my posts each week, as well as from reading the blogs of my classmates. I am also working on my professional blog Angie Daughdrill's Teaching Tools on Blogger.com. What is so awesome is that when you leave one comment on someone's blog, it basically leaves your personal "fingerprint", so that other people can read that comment, then read your blog, and even contact you if they wish. Therefore, the communicating/learning process goes on and on!

This will enable me to teach my students the importance of using these technological tools daily in their learning process. I have also subscribed to some RSS feeds and am beginning to understand what that is all about. I now realize that I will be able to utilize the tools of Twitter and Blogger.com, to name a few, to benefit my students in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment