A bit about me . . .

I am a Sophomore at the University of South Alabama. My major is Secondary Education/History. I plan to teach history in middle school once I receive my Bachelor's degree. I love children of all ages and look forward to graduating and beginning my teaching career.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Going Group!"

Picture of Students in a Group
To enhance the aspect of working as a team, as well as facilitate their learning experience, I will divide my students into small groups, which will help them in Learning to Work Together. They will work on a history project of their choice. Working in groups allows the students to collaborate with their fellow students, as well as gives them a sense of independence.

Group projects also encourage independent thinking, which is important to ensure the students can come up with their own ideas and learn to think "outside the box". They will have a sense of individual accomplishment that they will be proud of when they contribute to their group project. This builds confidence and self motivation for students in the classroom and will be a great benefit to them in their academic future.

No comments:

Post a Comment